Monday, November 24, 2008

Woman at the Well

The woman at the well from John 4 got a miracle. She was looking for love and after 5 husbands and the current lover her soul was parched. Jesus talked with her even though it was against societal standards. How many of us are willing to talk to the social outcasts in our area. Aren't they the neediest of all? Grace is for the needy after all. It gets even better. Jesus knew she needed a drink of his love that would not make her thirsty ever again. I know the feeling: God touched me and satiated my heart with love and I know it is real and permanent and I will never go back to not being able to feel love again. So like the woman at the well I am going and telling everyone. And like the people who heard the testimony: they will go to Jesus and hear the truth for themselves from Him that will set them free and they will believe. So don't believe just from my testimony. Like them , "Now we have heard for ourselves and we know that Jesus really is the Savior of the world."

No comments: